Come join us in France… and enjoy the music making from the inside out!
July 11 – July 17, 2018
We are delighted to invite you to join Dr. Paul D. Head, the Choral Scholars, and the esteemed Faculty in Residence for a personalized experience in Aix-en-Provence. Program includes:
- Accommodations in a 4 or 5 star hotel in the center of Aix-en-Provence
- Free admission to Choral Academy concerts and rehearsals during your stay
- A welcome reception with Choral Scholars, Symposium faculty, and University of Delaware leadership
- Excursions to local sights during your stay (See itinerary and excursions here), during which you have time to meet and mingle with other Symposium participants
- A final banquet with Choral Scholars, Symposium faculty, and University leadership
- Private limousine (black-car service) to and from the airport or train station.
- And as part of your package, you are sponsoring a Choral Scholar, giving that person a chance to study and perform in France. You will meet your scholar at the Symposium and see, first hand, what an incredible impact your are making in a young person’s life!
**Cost varies according to accommodations. $3799.00 is per person, double occupancy.
Our VIP Guests will stay in one of these fine hotels, all within walking distance of concert venues, restaurants, and museums:
Aquabella Hotel and Spa
Modern hotel adjoining the famous Sextius Therme Spa, located just a few blocks from the Cathedral St. Sauveur (Symposium headquarters). See on map
Grand Hotel Roi René by Sofitel
An elegant property on the “new” side of town, built around an expansive terrace and pool with easy access to the heart of the old city (a 15 minute walk to Symposium headquarters). See on map
Marriott Renaissance Aix-en-Provence
One of the newest properties in town, a bit farther out (next to the Aix Conservatory of Music), but still within walking distance of all the city’s restaurants and attractions (a 25 minute walk to Symposium headquarters). See on map
Hotel Coste Negre Aix-en-Provence
A slightly more modest accommodation, but perfectly located on the Cours Mirabeau (the promenade lined with shops and cafés), the center of everything in Aix-en-Provence (a 15 minute walk to Symposium headquarters). See on map
Hotel Cézanne Aix-en-Provence
Another sweet boutique hotel located near the Rotonde fountain and the Office of Tourism, just a short walk from the Cours Mirabeau (a 10 minute walk to Symposium headquarters). See on map
Come live the music with us in France!
Please note: The Choral Symposium runs concurrently with the Festival d’Aix – the summer opera festival in Aix-en-Provence – and thus, luxury accommodations are at an absolute premium. In fact, you will likely have a difficult time booking a 4 or 5-star property by now. Our pricing is based on availability at the best properties during these high volume times, and thus, vary from one day to the next.
Interested in attending a performance at the Festival d’Aix? Let us know and we’ll help you with that as well.